Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adventures. . .

We've been having a bit of computer trouble so here's a post from 2 weeks ago. . . This last week was a busy one for us! Addy just turned 4 months old and is growing like crazy! We had her check-up yesterday and she weighs 14lb 11oz and is in the 70th% (11lb 14oz at 2 mo = 75%). She is 25.5 in long and is in the 90th% for height (23.5 in at 2 mo = 90th%). Her head circumference is 16 in and is in the 40th% (15.25 in at 2 mo = 50th%). She continues to take after me with a bit of a pin head! :) I think she remembered the Dr's office (is that even possible?!) because when I laid her down on the table to get her shot, she started crying! She didn't even wait for the poke! I guess she takes after me for that too!

We also ventured to the Museum of Nature and Science on Saturday to see the Genghis Khan exhibit. We weren't sure how this would go with Addy in the stroller but she really enjoyed it. And, when she'd had enough of swords, armor and artifacts, she fell asleep. Yay! We had a great time learning about the Mongolian culture. There was even a contortionist (a senior at our neighborhood high school) who performed. She was amazing!

Sunday, after visiting Denver's first church (150 years old!) with our neighbors, we headed to an indor rec pool to take Addy swimming for the first time. The night before, I started getting pretty nervous. . . what if she drowns, what if something happens? So Brad and I did what we do best, we did a little research on teaching infants to swim. Google 'baby swimming survival video' and watch it sometime! It's crazy! There were also some cruel looking ones where parents push their kids under water and watch them kick themselves back to the surface! Needless to say, this research only made me more freaked out. We decided that Brad should introduce Addy to the swimming pool so she wouldn't sense my nervousness. :) Actually, Addy didn't mind the pool at all! She wasn't super happy, but she was very content in the water and didn't mind being in the pool for quite some time! That was just another reminder for me of not to be fearful about new things! It was really fun and I can't wait to take Addy back to the pool!



Well. . . I don't know if it was swimming or what but Addy just spent the last week with a cold. Poor little one! She's actually been in pretty good spirits but I did take her to the Dr. after she coughed so hard she threw up all over me! Yuck! I think she's on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment