Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Food & Fun

The past couple of weeks have been busy. We've had dinner guests, lots of baby prep, we've started a hypnobirthing class (oh yeah, it finishes after our due date!) and gotten together with other 'SLC Pioneer Class of 2010' members.

The hypnobirthing class is interesting. There's a bit that's a little out there for me but I am practicing my relaxation every day in prep for our go at another natural birth. Hopefully I'll do it more gracefully this time. Relaxing isn't really in my personality profile so I'm really trying to figure that out.

Addy and I have been spending our time singing songs (she loves to do hand motions), going for walks when it's not raining, visiting various baby stores to take care of last minute purchases and continuing on with Bible study, MOPS, book babies, visiting the aquarium and taking a lot of naps.

Brad, on the other hand, has been spending a lot of time trying to get everything at work situated for him to be out of the office for 2 weeks when the baby comes. Poor guy. . . this is not really good timing for a new baby. He has a lot going on at work! We'd appreciate your prayers for him!

I've posted some pictures of recent events like when we loaded up on seafood (yeah for gift cards) from Market Street Grill Fish Market and made clam chowder and sourdough bread (actually these were pre-made), scallops, crab legs and lobster meat. We topped it off with blueberry shortcake (we ran out of strawberries from our dinner party the night before). Addy tried the lobster, clam chowder, sourdough bread and shortcake but we were unwilling to spare any of the crab or scallops. We're so mean. She loved all of it but we got the most 'mo's' out of the blueberry shortcake.

We also have pictures of a gathering we had with 5 other couples who moved to SLC last April - June from TX (2 couples), CO (3 couples from Denver!), and NV . We decided to do an anniversary party to celebrate the year. We had great food and the kids had tons of fun together.

Lastly on the video is a short clip of Addy's new behavior (no, not her recently acquired interest in hitting! Any ideas how to stop this one?!). This one is cute. She's imitating me by grunting and groaning when she picks stuff up. I had no idea I was doing it that much but apparently she noticed. With just 1 week to go until my due date I think I'm entitled to groaning but I just hope she stops when I do. :) Enjoy!

Hopefully the next post will introduce Baby Slease!

1 comment:

  1. Well i dont know how to stop Addy's hitting but i do know that nate has a punching pole thing in his room to hit when he gets mad but.... he made a hole in the wall once by missing it.

    -Catherine

    ReplyDelete