Thursday, January 20, 2011

Addy 16 mo, Baby #2 26 weeks

I haven't done a post in a while to update on what Addy Paddy's been up to so here it goes. . .

I'd always heard that parents like to watch their kids sleep. I thought that was pretty lame until Addy came along. Seriously, how cute is it to watch your little one being so peaceful (and still!) with her butt up in the air?! I know, I know, I'm lame. Addy really is a great sleeper (until about 5am where she'll wake up at the slightest noise!). She takes great naps and goes down around 7 after family devotions and bath time with Daa.






This is Addy helping to undecorate for Christmas. She is really a strong little stringbean and knows everything has it's proper place. She loves to help clean up and often puts things away that I didn't see. It's really nice that she likes clean-up time!



Addy is really into her stuffed animals. She likes to cuddle them, hug them, give them kisses and sleep with them. She also likes to 'talk on the phone.' While she's not allowed to play with real phones, she makes anything (puzzle pieces, blocks, eatible goldfish. . . ) into phones and will walk around talking on them. She's really entertaining.


So. . . I thought I would post a few videos of some of the cute things she's doing these days.


In this video, she inspects Boomer's (OU's mascot) teeth and talks up a storm. Right off the bat she says her really cute version of 'noo' and I think she's wondering why Boomer doesn't have top teeth or a tongue.




Here's Addy talking on the phone. :)





Here's Addy showing off some of the words/signs she knows. She also was quite talkative in her playpen and I tried to catch some of that but she saw me when she turned around. :) Besides eating, diaper changes and outings, this pretty much sums up our days together.





As far as Baby #2 goes, we're 26 weeks and doing well. This baby has a lot more wiggle room since my stomach is so pliable and he/she really takes advantage of it! It's weird to watch my belly bouncing all over the place. Seriously alien. I've been swimming a few times a week and that has really eased my lower back pain so really, as long as Addy gets a good nap in the afternoon so I can rest a bit, everything is great. I still can't imagine managing 2 kids under 20 months but I guess it's a bit late for that now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment