Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What a week!


Last week was quite a week. I was sick (and sort of still am even after taking 3 days off work last week) and Brody had surgery. When we took her to the vet concerned about her limping, sore legs and just seeming down, the vet told us she just needs old dog meds for arthritis AND a really nasty abscessed tooth pulled! One of her molars in the back was split in half, really dark in color and the gums were nasty and swollen around it.

She had the tooth pulled last Wednesday (and was mad at us for a day or so after) and she has really perked up! She is sassy, energetic and going for long walks again. Who would have thought a tooth-ache would have gotten her so down! She's taking 5 pills a day now (at least until the tooth stiches heal) and then it will be down to 3. :) I'm getting really good at jamming pills down her throat so she doesn't gack them back up. She's stubborn about pills. Oh, another piece of amazing information as a result of all this vet stuff is that she has BEAUTIFUL breath! You can sit right in front of her and breathe as deeply as you want and you won't pass out! For any of you that smelled her breath in the last year or so, trust me, that nasty, rotten, horrible smell is gone. FYI that was the infected tooth! Poor Brody!

As far as my health goes, I keep getting every cold bug that goes around. I've been sick for almost 2 weeks but amazingly, Brad has stayed mostly healthy! I'm also adjusting to having a bit of a belly. :) Students and teachers at school are commenting on it now and I'm officially transitioning to maternity clothes. The baby is about 6 inches long and my belly has expanded 5 inches since December! Brad laughs at my belly every time he sees it.

We're going to a first time parents baby consignment sale Thursday night. So far we don't own a single baby thing. It still seems a little strange to buy baby things, but we're going to try tomorrow night.

Oh, more to come soon since I'm 20 weeks on Sunday so we'll have our ultrasound on Tuesday. Mom's coming into town to see it and we're going to hang out for the week! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment